Not too late for government to respond positively over demands of Group-I aspirants , says RS Praveen
Speaking to mediapersons, Praveen Kumar emphasized the government's responsibility to address the issue and assuage their ruffled feelings.
Published Date - 19 October 2024, 11:20 PM
Hyderabad: Stating that it was not too late for the Chief Minister A Revanth Reddy to respond positively to the demand of Group I aspirants, BRS leader and former IPS officer RS Praveen Kumar on Saturday called upon the Congress government to act in all fairness for the sake of those on protest, who he called are primarily students and no politicians. Speaking to mediapersons, Praveen Kumar emphasized the government’s responsibility to address the issue and assuage their ruffled feelings.
Praveen Kumar, along with other BRS leaders, reached the protest site in Ashok Nagar, where they faced resistance from BJP workers. Despite the challenges, Praveen Kumar reiterated the BRS party’s support for the aspirants and highlighted their efforts to seek justice. He mentioned that a petition was filed in the Supreme Court on behalf of the aspirants, following a meeting with K.T. Rama Rao, where their concerns were voiced.
The government, however, remained adamant about conducting exams without revoking GO 29. Praveen Kumar stressed the urgency of the situation, stating that G.O. 29 should be immediately revoked and replaced with G.O. 55, which was introduced by the K. Chandrashekar Rao government previously. He emphasized the need for conduct of exams under the reinstated G.O. 55 to ensure fairness for the candidates.
The BRS party leadership has extended its full support to the aspirants, he said and hoped that justice will be served through the Supreme Court’s intervention.