-
Police cited Anthony an accused in the case as the bouncer was along with the actor and his family during their visit to the Sandhya Theatre on December 4.
-
Speaking to media after visiting Sritej, who is undergoing treatment at KIMS Hospital after being injured in the stampede here on Tuesday, Aruna said politicisation of the incident would send a wrong message to the film industry.
-
The actor has been asked to appear before the police at 11 am on Tuesday at Chikkadpally police station. The police had cited Allu Arjun as accused no. 11 in the case.
-
Chandrashekhar Reddy, a senior leader from Nalgonda, arrived at Gandhi Bhavan to meet the AICC in-charge. However, when he attempted to meet Deepadas Munshi in her office, she declined to meet him. Unable to secure a meeting, he left Gandhi Bhavan feeling disappointed.
-
Those arrested include Kodangal Youth Congress president Reddy Srinivas, NSUI State leader Prem Kumar Goud.
-
The matter was yet to be taken up by the court. As the arguments proceed in the court, it will be known if the miscreants have been remanded in judicial custody or granted bail by the court.
-
Says it is absurd that the actor's legal team did not permit him to visit Sri Tej, who is undergoing treatment in the hospital
-
The video captures the events of December 4 when Allu Arjun attended the premiere of Pushpa-2 at Sandhya 70mm theatre with his family. Hyderabad Police Commissioner CV Anand stated that the police had previously informed the theatre management about the potential risks of an uncontrolled situation and a stampede if the actor were invited.
-
The incident happened around afternoon when the group carrying placards rushed into the house of the actor and broke the pots placed at the entrance of the actor's house
-
“I watched Pushpa 2 and during those three hours, many other better things could have been done," said Cinematography Minister Komatireddy Venkat Reddy targeting movie's lead actor Allu Arjun
-
The announcement was made by Cinematography Minister Komatireddy Venkat Reddy in the Assembly on Saturday. The Minister said the State government would not permit any benefit shows and special privileges like ticket hikes anymore.
-
Speaking at the Legislative Assembly on Saturday, CM Revanth said that despite police permission being denied, the top actor attended the theatre where ‘Pushpa-2’ was screened on December 4, Telangana
-
Taking to X, formerly called Twitter, Varma wrote: “Every STAR should STRONGLY protest against @alluarjun ‘s ARREST because for any celebrity whether it’s a FILM STAR or a POLITICAL STAR , is it a crime for them to be ENORMOUSLY POPULAR???”
-
Hyderabad City Police Commissioner C. V. Anand and Health Secretary Dr. Christina visited KIMS Hospital on behalf of the State government to inquire about the health of Sritej
-
The doctors stated in the bulletin that Sritej's vital parameters are stable, and he is tolerating feeds well. However, he continues to experience intermittent fever spikes, with an altered sensorium and frequent dystonic movements. His neurological status is being closely monitored.
-
Revanth Reddy sought to project a tough image of himself by maintaining that the constitution was the same for all people, arguing that the actor had not won any war for India but made money through movies.
-
The DCP said the Allu Arjun's team was intimated to take him back citing large public gathering but they did not act and the actor was there inside the theatre for more than two hours
-
To avoid any potential incidents or backlash from the actor’s fans and supporters, the police have stationed extra forces at the court. Earlier that day, the Chikkadpally police arrested the actor at his Jubilee Hills residence and took him to the police station. After recording his statement, Arjun was transferred to Gandhi Hospital for a medical checkup before being escorted to court.
-
BRS working president KTR criticised the high-handed behaviour of the government, where the actor was treated as a common criminal despite not being directly responsible for the stampede at Sandhya theatre
-
The FIR (Crime No. 376/2024) was lodged following a complaint by the de-facto complainant, who accused overcrowding and suffocation caused by the surge of people in the theatre, leading to the death of his wife and injuries to his son. The complainant also claimed that the actor’s arrival at the venue around 9:40 pm worsened the situation, with his security staff allegedly pushing attendees.